Yamaha RX-V485 Black 5.1 Channel A/V Receiver with MusicCast
Model #: Yamaha RX-V485 Black 5.1 Channel A/V Receiver with MusicCast
Progressively Tech. This 5.1-channel AV receiver offers Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and the latest streaming technologies.
- 5.1-Channel powerful surround sound
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, AirPlay, Spotify Connect and MusicCast multi- room
- Pandora, Spotify, SiriusXM Internet Radio, TIDAL, Deezer, Napster and more
- HDMI with HDCP 2.2 (4 in/1 out)
- 4K Ultra HD, HDR10, Dolby Vision, Hybrid Log-Gamma and BT.2020
- Voice control using your Alexa device like Echo or Echo Dot
- MusicCast Surround capable: add MusicCast 20 or MusicCast 50 speakers to create a 5.1-channel setup with wireless rear surrounds
Providing complete compatibility with the latest HDMI standards, this AV receiver delivers transmission of 4K video at 60 frames/second pass- through. It also supports HDR (high dynamic range) Video including Dolby Vision and Hybrid Log-Gamma which provides incredible contrast, smooth tone and rich, bright colors-giving you full, high- definition enjoyment with an exceptionally realistic and natural picture quality.
Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and AirPlay Compatible
Built-in Wi-Fi allows for a connection with your wireless router, greatly simplifying system connections for music streaming or enjoying networked audio (PC/NAS). Bluetooth connectivity is also included to stream into your receiver or out from the receiver to another Bluetooth device such as a pair of headphones.
CINEMA DSP 3D
This unique Yamaha proprietary sound field creation technology, was created by combining measured sound field data with digital signal processing. Yamaha collected sound field data from famous concert halls and music clubs around the world, utilizing its wealth of experience in the fields of concert hall design, public address and mixing. By digitizing that vast trove of information and incorporating it into dedicated LSI devices, it effectively reproduces the acoustic spaces of those concert halls on home equipment. Immerse yourself in the astounding realism of your movies and music with this sound technology..
Easy Sound Optimization with YPAO
YPAO (Yamaha Parametric room Acoustic Optimizer) analyzes the room acoustics and your system, then precisely adjusts various audio parameters to provide the best sound for your room. By placing the supplied microphone at your listening position and switching YPAO on, the system is automatically tuned for optimum performance in your home.
High-quality Parts and Design
Yamaha AV receivers feature fully discrete power amplifiers to minimize distortion and adopt independent pure power supplies for the analog and digital circuitry. They house ultra-high performance 384 kHz / 32-bit DACs, also with independent power supplies. These support in reproducing audio for high resolution sound sources without noise. Moreover, a new high sound quality IC is employed for volume control and large heat sinks suppress vibration. Down to every detail, these AV receivers are designed with full emphasis on the highest possible sound quality.
Wireless Surround Speakers
Combine this AV receiver with the upcoming MusicCast 50 or MusicCast 20 wireless streaming speakers and enjoy the convenience of creating a home theater with wireless rear speakers in a 5.1-channel system. What's more, you get stunningly realistic sound with a clean, clutter-free setup. Easily turn your current living room into an entertainment environment where you can fully enjoy movies, music and games.
Connect all MusicCast devices to the same network and start sharing audio throughout the home or working space. Download the MusicCast app and convert your home into a sonic environment.
The free MusicCast Controller app puts control of your wireless AV receiver in the palm of your hand. Use the MusicCast Controller app to operate the speaker, change settings, select your source, and control music playback.
Alexa, turn up the volume." With Alexa voice control integration, all you have to do is ask. The receiver offers full compatibility with Amazon's range of voice control devices, using the Smart Home skill and MusicCast skill to play music, link rooms and more. Welcome to the smart home.
Explore worlds of music with built-in music streaming services*. Syncing your playlists and likes from your smart device and discovering new music becomes even easier with your receiver.
Second Room Sound
This output capability allows the receiver to send 2-channel sound to a second zone, so the Main Zone now has 3- channel output. This means that users can enjoy stereo sound in a second room. The same source will play in both zones (cannot use two sources). Zone B always mirrors the audio output in the Main Zone.
The SCENE button can power on the AV receiver and select the input source and DSP mode. You can reset the buttons for different sources by selecting a source and DSP mode, then pressing a SCENE button for more than three seconds.
- Rated Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven): 115 W (8 ohms, 0.9% THD)
- Rated Output Power (20Hz-20kHz, 2ch driven): 80 W (8 ohms, 0.09% THD)
- Maximum Effective Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven) (JEITA): 145 W (6 ohms, 10% THD)
- Dynamic Power / Ch (Front L/R, 8/6/4/2 ohms) :110 / 130 / 160 / 180 W
- Cinema DSP:Yes
- DSP Programs: 17
- Dialog Level Adjustment :Yes
- SILENT Cinema / Virtual Cinema DSP: Yes (Virtual CINEMA FRONT)
- Dolby TrueHD :Yes
- Dolby Digital Plus: Yes
- DTS-HD Master Audio: Yes
- File Format: MP3 / WMA / MPEG-4 AAC: up to 48 kHz / 16-bit, ALAC: up to 96 kHz / 24-bit, FLAC: up to 192 kHz / 24-bit, WAV / AIFF: up to 192 kHz / 32-bit, DSD: up to 11.2 MHz
- Compressed Music Enhancer: Yes (incl. enhancer for Bluetooth)
- YPAO Sound Optimization :Yes
- Adaptive DRC (Dynamic Range Control) :Yes
- Initial Volume and Maximum Volume Setting: Yes
- Audio Delay: Yes (0-500 ms)
- DA Converter :Burr-Brown 384 kHz / 32-bit DAC x 3
- 4K Ultra HD Pass-through and Upscaling: Yes (4K / 60p, 4:4:4)
- HDMI 3D Pass- through Yes
- HDMI eARC Yes (via future firmware update)
- HDMI Audio Return Channel Yes
- HDMI Upscaling Yes (1080p HDMI → 4K HDMI)
- Deep Color / x.v.Color / 24Hz Refresh Rate / Auto Lip-Sync Yes
- HDMI Input/Output: 4 / 1 (HDCP 2.2, HDR10 / Dolby Vision / HLG and BT.2020 compatible)
- HDMI CEC Yes
- USB Input USB memory
- Front AV Input USB / mini jack
- Digital Audio Input / Output: Optical 1 / 0
- Digital Audio Input / Output: Coaxial 2 / 0
- Analog Audio Input / Output 3 (front 1) / 0
- Composite Video Input / Output 3 / 1
- Preout Subwoofer
- Headphone Output 1
- Bluetooth: Yes (SBC, in and out)
- FM / AM Tuner: Yes
- On-Screen Display: Yes (color OSD)
- Standby Power Consumption (IR only): ≤ 0.1 W
- Auto Power Standby Yes
- ECO Mode Yes
- Dimensions (W x H x D) 17-1/8" x 6-3/8" x 12-7/8" (with antenna: 17-1/8" x 8-7/8" x 12- 7/8")
- Weight 17.9 lbs